- The Librarian is an officer post on the KLFC Committee and so attends Committee meetings. Beside the Secretary, the Librarian is the only Committee member who holds a list of members’ contact details.
- The job has a substantial workload so it is much easier if the duties can be shared between 2 able bodied people.
- For the same reason, it is a good idea to develop a team of helpers to assist with score distribution, cleaning copies and Librarian’s holidays.
- There are 18 large boxes (34x40.5x26cm) in the KLFC library plus a large shelved cupboard so the Librarian must have easy access to dry storage space.
- Good web access is essential.
The full Job Description is not provided here as some of its content is sensitive. The full version is kept by the Website Manager and current Librarian and will be supplied to any new Librarian on request. Anyone wanting more information when considering taking on the role should communicate with the current Librarian.
Summary of the Librarian’s duties:
- Liaising with Music Director, committee and choir members
- Sourcing and costing music scores
- Buying/hiring copies
- Distributing copies and collecting fees
- Collecting copies after use and preparing them for shipment
- Returning scores to their source(s)