ROLE OF THE CHAIRMAN
To coordinate the activities required to achieve the objects of the Charitable Society, King’s Lynn Festival Chorus (KLFC): namely to promote, improve, develop and maintain public education in, and appreciation of, the art and science of music in all its aspects by the presentation of public concerts and recitals and by such other ways as the Chorus through its Committee shall determine from time to time.
- Ensure the KLFC Constitution is followed and that all Committee members are aware of their responsibilities as Trustees of KLFC
- Chair meetings (including Committee, Annual General and Special General Meetings) and ensure accurate minutes are recorded
- Maintain an overview of the Society’s finances and work closely with the Treasurer and other Trustees to agree annual and Concert budgets
- Delegate tasks and special responsibilities to committee members following full discussion with the committee.
- Maintain an overview of the activities of other Officers, the Ordinary Committee members and any Sub-Committees, working groups and any other members involved in the running of the Society
- Encourage opportunities to promote and publicise the Society and represent KLFC at civic functions, or delegate
- Ensure policies and procedures that allow the smooth and safe running of the Society are maintained and updated
- Liaise closely with the Music Director and agree with Committee consensus a Programme of Concerts with dates, a minimum of one year in advance (Government restrictions permitting)
- Liaise with and take advice from the Music Director in the engagement of professional soloists and musicians.
- Be involved in the annual reviews of engaged freelance professionals
- Liaise with the Concert Team for each concert to ensure effective and smooth management of all factors concerned with the production of a KLFC performance that are not under the direct management of the Music Director, i.e. Ticket sales, advertising and publicity (including posters, social media), programmes, stewards, health and safety and risk assessment.
- Agree rehearsal dates a term in advance
- Liaise with the management team of the King’s Lynn Festival directly or via a delegated committee member.
- Provide at least 13 months notice of intention to stand down